What is Pasma?
What is Pasma?
The Prefabricated Access Suppliers’ and Manufacturers’ Association (PASMA), is the recognised focus and authority for mobile access towers. As such it advances safety, standards and best practice across a wide range of sectors and represents the interests of manufacturers, suppliers, specifiers and users.
Working in collaboration with other trade and professional bodies, industry regulators and key decision makers, PASMA fulfils a number of distinct roles:
- It provides and governs the industry standard training scheme for mobile access towers. Standard and advanced courses deliver proficiency and competence as required by the Work at Height Regulations. For many, the PASMA certificate and ID card are the only acceptable proof of competence.
- It is a single, central source of information on all aspects of mobile access towers. DVDs, pocket cards, guidance notes and posters provide a wealth of information, as does the PASMA Code of Practice, the definitive reference for users, their supervisors and managers. Not forgetting the PASMA website: www.pasma.co.uk
- It sponsors research, innovation and best practice. Most, if not all, the training and technical advances in towers and tower use have involved PASMA and its various specialist committees. These are made up of experts who know and understand towers and speak the language.
- It helps set the standard. The association is an important contributor to the development and enhancement of standards governing the construction, use, inspection and maintenance of mobile access towers – not just nationally but internationally. It also works closely with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- It plays a major part in promoting mobile access towers for temporary work at height - not just in construction and building maintenance, but in facilities management, the local government sector and retail. Taking part in conferences, seminars and workshops is an essential part of the association’s educational remit.
Why do I need PASMA training?
PASMA ‘Standard’ course, now renamed the ‘Towers for Users’ course. This one day course is the association’s flagship course, attracting in excess of 50,000 delegates a year. Aimed at personnel who will be responsible for assembling, dismantling, moving and inspecting mobile access towers.
What is a PASMA Certificate?
Delegates attending a PASMA course receive a course content booklet and PASMA Code of Practice together with a PASMA certificate and photocard for the relevant level that is valid for 5 years.
Click here to view our PASMA training courses and support, or:
To view all of the details about our IPAF accredited courses click here >